So, before getting too heavy into the statistics of any report, I always like to ask myself the following questions to ensure that I keep my head in the game to pull out ACTIONABLE insights!
- What tactics used had the biggest impact on results?
- Which channel had the best performance?
- What was different from the previous month of management?
- What was the biggest learning from something that didn’t work well?
- What channel has the most opportunity?
- Are there any notable changes or differences month-on-month or year-on-year? Why?
- How do these learnings alter our strategy for next month?
Keeping these questions at the back of my mind before starting any report ensures that I will ultimately give my clients a clear image of what worked, what didn't and what we'll be doing next month to improve on these results.